Saturday 14 March 2015

Trying to crack America

Dear All,

Over the last couple of weeks I have been trying to increase sales of my book Dead South in America. I've tried dropping the price using a Kindle Countdown Promotion, I've directly advertised on Amazon.com and I've heavily tweeted about it. But nothing seems to have worked.

On the other hand UK sales have been fantastic and the book continues to perform well; it has been in the Top 100 horror books for the past 94 days. It's one of the most 'wished for' books in its genre and reviews continue to be really positive. It currently averages 4.8 stars out of 5 from 58 reviews.

So what do I make of it all? It would be easy for me just to think that people in the US aren't interested in UK horror, but I honestly don't think that this is the case. I just have to work harder to get noticed. Do more advertising, do more promoting and keep on plugging away.

And that is really the crux of this short post.

Don't give up! If you do that, then nobody will ever see your work.

Hopefully, I will be able to tell you about Dead South's success in the USA soon. But until then I'll keep on plugging away!

Until next time

David

No comments:

Post a Comment